So I was just nominated by Amanda at Just in Queso for the sunshine blogger award 🙂 🙂
I totally accept and also urge you all to check out her blog, it’s pretty irresistible…. kind of like a yummy, melty, cheesy slightly sarcastic but always in good taste bowl of queso.
So here are the rules for this award:
- Answer the 11 questions from the person nominating you.
- Nominate 11 other awesome bloggers, and give the 11 questions to answer.
Not too bad, right?
Here are my assigned questions:
1.What is your favorite snack?
So this is actually a really hard question for me to answer… because I am a shameless snacker and I don’t want any of my favorites to feel left out. Let’s say popcorn mixed with jelly beans or sour patch kids is pretty high up there. All things chocolate of course, and homemade banana splits with plenty of m&m’s, hot fudge, strawberry sauce, peanuts, and whipped cream…. and a brownie… a brownie on the bottom.
2. Where is your happy place?
In my imagination…. it always beats reality.
3. What is a sound you enjoy hearing?
Am I too cheesy if I say something like “the sound of my kids laughter”? Also silence… I like the sound of silence a whole lot.
4. Tell us something weird/interesting about you.
Hmmmmm. In elementary school I once taped a cotton ball over my eye and kept it on all day to garner sympathy and attention from my classmates. Current weird problem is that I can’t stop swallowing my gum.
5. What is one thing you would change about yourself?
Probably my desire to change things about myself…
6. What is one of your strengths?
I’m going to say multi-tasking, and organization. God, that sounds horribly boring and depressing.
7. How is May going for you so far?
I feel pretty good about May so far…. it has seen my lose 3 lbs and let’s hope it doesn’t see me put it and more back on 🙂
8. What is your favorite thing to do with close friends?
Well this is definitely a “what if” question, as I never actually get to see my close friends. Last time I saw my best friend, we met up in the Starbucks parking lot so I could grab my girl scout cookies from her and then drive away, each on to our next duty. On the rare occasion our schedules line up… we usually spend the time asking each other what we want to do, until time is almost up and then we just go eat somewhere close and lament out inability to make decisions.
9. What’s the last movie you saw? What did you think of it?
The jungle book, I took the 2 youngest with me to see it. I liked it! Extra points for the movie popcorn mixed with sour patch kids and reclining theater seats.
10. What is your least favorite “adulting” task?
Waking up early, after I’ve stayed up reading far too late. And all the driving around crap….hate that too.
11. Tell us about a scar you have and how you got it.
Once I was riding my bike home from a friends house, maybe 10 years old. I had my bathing suit in a plastic bag on my handle bars. The bag got pulled between the fender and the wheel and instead of stopping, I tried to untangle it while I kept riding. Drifted to the side, and ran right into the back of a parked car. It’s a little hazy, but I ended up on my back with my chin bleeding. Had to ride home with a wonky front tire and blood running down my neck. I ended up with stitches, and a nice scar under my chin.
Here are my nominees, if they so choose to participate:
- parental ramblings
- single family asylum
- the shameful sheep
- the euphoric Iraqi single mom
- passports and pigtails
And the questions below 🙂
1.What is your first memory?
2. Who would you never share a fork with?
3. Are you a dog or cat person?
4. Biggest mistake you’ve made (yet)?
5. What have you done to get rid of the hiccups?
6. What’s your favorite joke?
7. What did you want to be when you grew/grow up?
8. What color do you look best in?
9. Best (untrue) excuse you’ve used to get out of something?
10. Would you ever look in the mirror and say “candyman” three times??? HAVE you??
11. Do you believe in psychics?
Ok guys… I’m looking forward to these responses if you find the time or interest to play along 🙂 Thanks again, Amanda from Just in Queso, an awesome blogger and cheese aficionado!