My friendship criteria….were I to actually have time to cultivate a friendship…..
- Must be funny, but not the annoying funny that just laughs at everything. The kind of funny that can be light and dark, funny ha-ha, and funny “god my life is depressing”.
- Must not judge my parenting. Unless I ask. And then always follow up judgement with a story about how they are even a worse parent than me because….etc..
- Must be able to keep the secrets I tell them, that are secrets I’ve promised others not to tell. The buck must stop somewhere after all.
- Must not be evil or possessed by any sort of demon, this is kind of a deal breaker.
- Sarcasm is required
There are more things of course, intelligence and wit, integrity-but not too much, don’t want me to feel bad about myself…… kind of difficult to find someone with all these requirements, probably just easier to continue hanging out with the kids……
What made me start to think of what qualities a new friend of mine would need to have? A conversation with Jenna about a boy at school she’s chosen as her friend. I don’t know if he shares the sentiment, but every day I hear his name.
What made her choose him, out of 13 other kids whose names she’s not in the hurry to remember?
Jenna’s friendship criteria:
- Must have a Blaze and the monster machines lunch box.
A simple and effective method to weed out those not worthy……